Thunder Bay Carriage Ride, Elk Viewing, Gourmet Meal, Wine Tasting, and Fall Colors
October 7 @ 7:30 am - 7:00 pm$185.00
$185.00 Per Person
Step back in time to life on the frontier. You begin by boarding a horse drawn carriage that will take you through the wooded resort and away from the daily hustle and bustle. A wooden bridge takes you over the Thunder Bay River and into the Elk Preserve. Here you will get an up close look at majestic bull elk. Bring your camera as you’ll have ample opportunity to snap some pictures. Enjoy the scenery, the smell of pine, and the ever changing face of the Thunder Bay River as the horses make their way deep in the woods to the beautiful Elk Antler Log Cabin. A blazing fire in a massive split stone fireplace welcomes you. The riverside cabin is decorated in period antiques and trophy mounts. Wonderful aromas mix with the scent of hardwood smoke and emanate from two antique wood cook stoves in full view. This elegant cabin maintains its rustic appearance while providing every amenity. Warm yourself by the fire, enjoy something from the bar and savor the delicious aromas put forth by the twin antique wood cook stoves as culinary prepare your five course gourmet meal. Throughout your meal you will sample six locally produced wines from the Sunrise Side and be entertained by storytelling from your hosts.
– Round trip deluxe motor coach transportation to Hillman, MI
– Tour escorted by John Henry of Route 23 Tours
– Thunder Bay Resort*
*Enjoy a horse drawn carriage through the Elk Preserve, 5 course gourmet dinner, and wine tasting
– Visit Lumberman’s Monument
– Stop and get a treat at Sherni’s Candies
Bus Pick-Up 10/07/23: Meijer, Wilder Rd, Bay City @ 7:30 AM (Departs at 8:00 AM)
Bus Returns 10/07/23: Meijer, Wilder Rd, Bay City @ 7:00 PM (Approx)
Reservation Information – Last Day to Sign-up is September 5th, 2023
– Limited seating
– No children under 5 years old
– Gourmet Dinner Includes: Pear & Apple Dumpling, Shrimp Cocktail, Jan’s Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, Thunder Bay Sweet Napa Salad and Croissant, Crown Roast of Pork with Roasted Red Skin Potatoes, and White Chocolate Mousse Filled Pizzelles with Fresh Raspberries.
– Please specify if you have any dietary needs, food allergies, etc. upon sign-up.
– No refunds will be given after the September 5th sign-up deadline date.
– Full payment is due upon sign-up.
BOOKING INFORMATION: (Please read)
1. Go to the ticket below and put down the number of attendees in your group.
2. The first Attendee is you if you are attending. (We Need your Name and Email Address of attendee 1)*
*Also put down any dietary needs in additional comments (Vegan, Gluten Free, Food Allergies, Etc.)
3. Just put down the names of the other attendees and then check out
4. At checkout enter your billing information and payment information and submit.
5. You will receive a ticket for each attendee. If you entered their emails they will get the ticket.
6. Check-in with the ticket or just with your names at the bus the day of the trip.
Please join: Facebook.com/groups/tricitytravelers